Well, today marks one fab year of COVID!
Honestly, though, mostly I'm cross because I've been pretty symptomatic again since after NYE. We had a very minimal get together (me, partner, and my long time platonic life partner who is in quar with us), and though I know better than to drink (RIP, I miss beer so much), I decided I felt well off enough to stay up til midnight. Mistakes!
Otherwise, I'm not too bummed about it, all things being equal. I still am way better off than my worst, bed-bound days last summer. Literally, as long as I can read without my head feeling like an icepick is going through, I'm feeling fortunate. Still doing well with getting walks in, too, and what a gift that is, just being outside. Still a bit obsessed with trees.
To celebrate, though, I decided to finally publish some of the drawer fic I've just been writing alone in my room. Something about this illness, at the least, got me writing again... Even if it's like 16k of a pairing that's not very common (or... canonical sdfkdsksd) in my exact fandom. It's a bit of a game of filtering to see how fics there are on AO3--if you just click on the pairing, you'll see 12k+ fics are available. Then you uncheck Sherlock (BBC). And then you still will have about 181 fics, but about 160 of these are just mistagged Sherlock (BBC).
Not going to like, dunk, but my specific desire suddenly became to read ACD Mycroft Holmes/Lestrade... Particularly, you know, reading the canonical Mycroft (who is like, actually seemingly cool with his brother...), a guy who canonically can't tolerate routine deviation to such a degree and he and his brother are like gay neuroatypical Icons... And also who is fat. And like, every adaptation just about elides that, totally removing it from the character, as if we just can't have a smart fat guy.
ANYWAY, so I just eventually decided to cook some of my own food and started writing a whole little land of kink and love for him and Lestrade (the latter of whom, of course, I couldn't just not give gender issues) and I know it's very much For Me, but perhaps y'all would like to pop over to AO3 and see what I've been up to--planning on posting the next fics soon ish:
Knowledge Itself - rated E - 7k - Sherlock Holmes (ACD) - Mycroft Holmes/Inspector Lestrade - CW for historical understanding of sexuality/gender, mention of compulsive behaviors, Dom/sub energy. General trope is fuckbuddies to lovers. :3
Honestly, though, mostly I'm cross because I've been pretty symptomatic again since after NYE. We had a very minimal get together (me, partner, and my long time platonic life partner who is in quar with us), and though I know better than to drink (RIP, I miss beer so much), I decided I felt well off enough to stay up til midnight. Mistakes!
Otherwise, I'm not too bummed about it, all things being equal. I still am way better off than my worst, bed-bound days last summer. Literally, as long as I can read without my head feeling like an icepick is going through, I'm feeling fortunate. Still doing well with getting walks in, too, and what a gift that is, just being outside. Still a bit obsessed with trees.
To celebrate, though, I decided to finally publish some of the drawer fic I've just been writing alone in my room. Something about this illness, at the least, got me writing again... Even if it's like 16k of a pairing that's not very common (or... canonical sdfkdsksd) in my exact fandom. It's a bit of a game of filtering to see how fics there are on AO3--if you just click on the pairing, you'll see 12k+ fics are available. Then you uncheck Sherlock (BBC). And then you still will have about 181 fics, but about 160 of these are just mistagged Sherlock (BBC).
Not going to like, dunk, but my specific desire suddenly became to read ACD Mycroft Holmes/Lestrade... Particularly, you know, reading the canonical Mycroft (who is like, actually seemingly cool with his brother...), a guy who canonically can't tolerate routine deviation to such a degree and he and his brother are like gay neuroatypical Icons... And also who is fat. And like, every adaptation just about elides that, totally removing it from the character, as if we just can't have a smart fat guy.
ANYWAY, so I just eventually decided to cook some of my own food and started writing a whole little land of kink and love for him and Lestrade (the latter of whom, of course, I couldn't just not give gender issues) and I know it's very much For Me, but perhaps y'all would like to pop over to AO3 and see what I've been up to--planning on posting the next fics soon ish:
Knowledge Itself - rated E - 7k - Sherlock Holmes (ACD) - Mycroft Holmes/Inspector Lestrade - CW for historical understanding of sexuality/gender, mention of compulsive behaviors, Dom/sub energy. General trope is fuckbuddies to lovers. :3